Feb 21, 2005

Our Babies Have a Home


Our Babies Have a Home Posted by Hello

Bob suggested we take the mittens right away. As I sat at my computer writing the last blog I didn't think I could stand up, let alone go hang my lost babies mittens on a tree next to a gravesite of a long lost friend.

But we did it. Bob hung the blue mittens with a note inside. I hung the green mittens with a note tucked away as well. I took pictures with the digital camera. Somehow, years down the road I will be glad that I have these pictures. Our faces swollen with tears.

I have no idea where I just found the strength to do that. My husband probably. The need to release. The need to move forward and find my smile again. The need to let me little souls fly free.

The mittens are overlooking the Front Range of Colorado. Each night they will see an amazing sunset. Every morning a quiet and smooth sunrise. I know because I have spent time at Spence's grave... I know what it looks like early in the morning. I know what it looks like at Christmas. I know what it looks like in summertime. It is a beautiful place.

I feel better... my babies have a home.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I spoke too soon... it would seem that tonight was just perfect for you. I'm still wiping my eyes from your story. I'm so touched that you were able to find something so perfect, and get it done, without any misgivings or hesitation. Good for you. I'm sure this is a rough evening for you. Hang in there. It does get easier.