Jan 24, 2005

Strollers and Pregnant Women

All I see some days are strollers. Pregnant women ready to POP. I turn the corner and I see one after the other after the other. They are everywhere!

I feel vacant. Like an old motel on a deserted road, late in the night, with a sign that reads "VACANT" in neon pink. The "T" on VACANT
is half -lit, it needs a new bulb.

I am vacant of a child in my womb, my arms, my breast. I have room but nobody seems to want to slow down and shack up at my old motel on this deserted road. My sign blinks...

Must not be time.

But these strollers. These happy pregnant women everywhere! Where did they all come from?


It is as if they push their bellies out even further just to make a point.

I know, because when I was pregnant I did it and I wasn't even showing. It was the only time in my life that I let my tummy protrude without feeling disgusting- like I was "fat" or something. I was guilty of exactly what I cannot stand seeing in other pregnant women. And I know it is because I am VACANT.

No comments: