May 17, 2005

It Didn't Kill Me

I just saw my friends baby for the first time. This is the friend that I had to alienate when I lost my second pregnancy and she was in her 3rd month. I couldn't handle it. Her baby is amazing. He is beautiful- so is she. It was great seeing her. I hugged her and cried and somehow, holding her baby was healing and amazing. I am glad this happened. And though I do not have a child of my own I will hope and pray and wonder. Maybe one day. What's important is that I saw my friend. I saw her baby. I touched them both and it didn't kill me. It made me stronger.

2 comments:

Chan said...

I'm happy this wasn't as hard as you thought it would be.
My best friend and I were due on the same day, unfortunately we lost our little one at 14 weeks, here we are 13 weeks on and she's nearing the end of her second trimester and I'm still trying to pick the pieces up. Your post gives me hope that August may not be as hard as I thought.
Thanks you......

Amybtru said...

Seeeee Ashley...these little comments from strangers may be "THE REASON" we are tools in the scheme of life. Although much more precious than a screwdriver I just couldnt think of another analogy! BRAIN FARTY!