Nov 28, 2005

Hurry Up and Wait

After several months of peeing on sticks and wishing, hoping, wishing that we would get pregnant... we are. We are pregnant!! Not that fertility has ever been the issue. Keeping the pregnancy is. We found out about two weeks ago. I have to say there isn't a whole lot of "celebrating" going on. I think it is self-preservation?

I am happy and scared and terrified and excited and hopeful and thankful and so very, very uncertain what will become of this pregnancy!

We are 5 1/2 weeks along...very new. We found a new OBGYN - she is great...she has been in practice for 30 years. She is from India and doens't mess around. So far, I have learned that I have a blood clotting disorder that my previous OBGYN's neglected to tell me, hmmm... so typical isn't it? My new OB is Dr. Varma, in Denver. She has been very proactive and has put me on baby aspirin, progesterone, and prednisone.

I don't know anything today... other than that I am TIRED. HUNGRY. SCARED. And waiting... to see if this is going to be a viable pregnancy??

This waiting in the wings is hard as hell.

4 comments:

KrimoJo said...

I am sending good thoughts to you. I know how hard it is emotionally to be in early pregnancy after a loss.

I know I'm going to keep checking back here frequently to see how you're doing.

Heather P. said...

OMG! That is exciting! I have a blood clotting disorder which is why I lost my last pregnancy. This one I am on injections for it. So far so good so I pray that you will have good results like me. I have lupus anticoagulant. I will be praying for you and your little one that everything will be ok. I know how difficult it is to be pregnant after a loss. It actually is paronoid and pregant.

Amy said...

congrats! I'm hoping I'm right on your heels, just had my 2nd miscarriage last month... best wishes to you
amy

Lemongrass Jill said...

Ashley,
Thank you for sharing your heart.

You are so honest and truthful, which will help many women and parents who have experienced the loss of their baby(ies).

You are right that there is no need to suffer in silence because there are groups like www.Missfoundation.org and other supportive groups to help each of us and all of us.
With love,
Jill